The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of a Playa Bowls location. The Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Restaurant Manager is directly responsible for a full staff of assistant managers, shift leaders, and employees. The RM will report directly to an Area Manager, VP of Operations, and Company Owners.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Check products to ensure consistency, palatability, and flavor conformity.
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality, service, and accommodations.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify product quality and quantity.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and garnishing and presentation of food to ensure that food is prepared and presented up to Company standards.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted by utilizing appropriate computer systems and software.
- Schedule staff hours utilizing appropriate systems/software and assign duties to ensure economical use of food and timely preparation.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in lodging and dining facilities.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate.
- Establish and evaluate standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Review work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve service, performance, or safety.
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking, clearing tables, and serving food and drinks when necessary.
- Maintain food and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records one per week.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel problems, hire new staff, and evaluate employee performance in dining and lodging facilities.
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
- Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using Company methods such as advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Utilize point of sale cash register. Count money and make bank deposits.
- Fill out business or government forms, maintains records, reports, or files and safety reports.
- Adhere to Company opening and closing procedures and maintain accompanying records.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Customer Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Supple Chain - Knowledge of raw materials, supply processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective supply and distribution of goods.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Communication - Speaking to others to convey information effectively. Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making. Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Operation, Monitoring and Control - Controlling operations of equipment and systems. Monitoring equipment to ensure proper operation.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing operational needs of business and adjust accordingly.
Company Growth - There is tremendous growth potential within the Company.
Future Health Benefits - The Company is working on Health, Vision, and Dental offerings for enrollment in Feb 2017.